5 Putts Closer to a Successful Masters Watch Party
The biggest question on all our minds — will Dustin Johnson be able to overcome his injury? If you’re not one of the lucky attendees to make it down to Augusta National for the Masters, it’s never too late to become the beloved hero among your friends by hosting a successful watch party.
While we may not all be able to live up to Snoop Dogg’s Augusta celebration this year, we can certainly try! The Masters is one of the most tradition-rich sporting events around and now is the perfect time to start your very own. To set you up for success, here are five watch-party musts:
1. Cocktail delight: Nothing’s better than themed drinks for the occasion. Your only question should be: gin or vodka? Named after the Pro Golfer, a John Daly promises to be a crowd pleaser — 3 oz. lemonade, 1.5 oz. iced tea, .5oz Cointreau, and 1.5oz. Sweet Tea Vodka. Azalea coined after the beautiful bushes in bloom during the tournament is another refreshing option — 1oz. lime juice, 1 oz. pineapple juice, 2oz. gin, and a pinch of grenadine.
2. Join in on the fun: For a little extra entertainment, be sure to get everyone involved by keeping the attention of varied interest levels. You can start simple with a Masters betting pool or bingo board around Masters terminology (double eagle, hit the pin, birdie, etc.), or get a little more creative with a live-putting competition among your guests.
3. Concession-stand favorites: What’s a party without guilty-pleasure apps? From pimento cheese to egg-salad sandwiches, there are plenty of fun twists on Masters favorites. Pimento mac n’ cheese or Sriracha deviled eggs, anyone? Whip up some Augusta-style finger foods that will keep your guests feeling the southern charm.
4. Streaming life line: Don’t take the chance of being embarrassed by mid-swing buffering. With the way that Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy have been playing, it’d be a crime to miss even a single stroke. That’s where we come into play. Portal’s smart WiFi router allows for interruption-free streaming, especially when there’s router congestion in high-density neighborhoods (aka your apartment) by automatically moving devices into the fastest channel.
5. Bring style & swag: To seal the deal, invite your guests to dress the part and bring their A-game wardrobe with fashion-forward pastels. As the host, you may even want to go bold, claiming yourself as the life of the party with a winning green jacket.
Well, what are you waiting for? Get to it! With Portal and these watch-party tips above, you can enjoy a weekend of successful, buffer-free Masters streaming. Keep up to date with all the latest news from Portal, by subscribing to our e-newsletter and following us on Twitter at @GetPortalNow.